Almost all caught up with the Elephant Parade Quilt Along! Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts has designed this cute quilt and I couldn't help but gather fabric and join.
The frog block came together pretty quickly...Just need eyes on this guy!
The turtle went together just as quickly...except something was wrong...
|What's with all the extra fabric on the top piece?|
I kept looking and looking and couldn't figure out what I had done wrong. I was JUST about to trim down the block so the top piece fit the bottom...when I moved something to grab my rotary cutter and saw the tail section. Phew! Disaster averted!
|Sooo much better! :)|
I got the frog and turtle put together in one Maggie nap (45 minutes). Yay, me!
I tackled the birds the after I put Maggie down for the night. I thought I was being careful with the instructions, but clearly something went wrong.
I'm not exactly sure how I'm gonna fix these guys. I have to ponder that and let you know later.
Lorna posted the instructions for the flowers on Sunday, so that is what I will be working on this week. Check those out here. Linking up with the Let's Bee Social linky party!
More to come,