Monday, February 02, 2015

5 Things I Couldn't Live Without in January

I know, I know. It's been waaay too long since my last post. Miss Maggie is 10 months old (when did THAT happen?) now and the last time I posted, I was had modified a pair of baby sunglasses for our trip to Kelowna...in AUGUST!  Sorry.

The inspiration for this post is a recent post from GnomeAngel.  Read her post here.

So, here are the 5 things I couldn't live without this past January.

1.  Black leather mitts
It has been cold this month. I mean, it's January in Ontario, of course it is cold. Without a doubt, my black leather mitts have helped me keep warm.  Nice soft leather on the outside, toasty polar fleece on the inside. Quick to warm up my fingers, even if I left them in the car overnight.

2.  Bath time
My little one LOVES the bath. Without fail, putting Maggie into a nice warm tub of water brings out her smiles and giggles. Splashing and chasing toys around the tub are common sights. This time of day makes me thankful that I am a mum.
Bath time! Happy baby!

3. Calendar app
I have been leaning on this app all month. I am not able to remember events in the same way as when I was younger. Pile on pregnancy brain, followed by baby brain  (these are real afflictions, people!) and I will not be anywhere unless it is in my calendar.

4. My photographer
Who knew that one day I would be able to say that I have a preferred photographer? I am so glad that I found Photography & Design by Jennifer Hall. She takes fantastic photos. Below are a sample of the pics I have from my maternity, newborn and 6 month photo shoots. We just did a Valentine's Day mini shoot, as well. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

5. Nap time
This one is a no brainer! Maggie has been teething so there are days when she is whiney and clingy and I can't get anything done. On one hand, I try to treasure these times because soon enough she won't want anything to do with me. But, on the other, nap time gives me a well deserved break.

I'm hoping that this is the start of a blogging renewal. Thanks for the inspiration, GnomeAngel!

More to come,




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Great post, welcome back to blogger land! :) I still adore nap time. It's like the best of both worlds, he's still in the house with me but I'm able to power through and get stuff out of the way so I can spend more time with him. Enjoy the little moments, it goes way too fast! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nap time is short and sweet in this house, but getting to be a little more routine these days...just in time for me to return to work, of course! :) I am enjoying every minute.
      Thanks for the inspiration, and for dropping by!

      Delete