Thursday, March 27, 2014

My First Quilt - Part 1

All through my childhood, my mom sewed all kinds of clothing and costumes, for herself, and my brother and me.  In high school, I took a course called Clothing.  It taught me the basics of using a sewing machine and we completed several little projects over the course of the semester.

Fast forward (*cough*) 20 years (*cough*), and I found "Quilty", a quilting magazine.  The orange and white quilt caught my eye on the cover of the Winter 2012 issue, so I scooped it up.  I figured that I could probably sew a straight line, and be good to go.

After flipping my way through that issue, I wandered around the Quilty website and found this awesome quilt:  the Blonde Redhead, made with the Sister's Choice block.  It looked like the perfect choice for my first quilt.  I could make it for my sister.  She had a birthday coming up, so it would be perfect!
Blonde Redhead

I downloaded and printed the instructions, found the local quilt shop, purchased a cutting mat, rotary cutter, ALL kinds of fabric and matching thread.  Yay!

More to come,








No comments:

Post a Comment