Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Diving In!

Diving In!

Okay, water metaphors stop today...promise!

As previously mentioned, the inspiration for starting this blog is my participation in The Great Quiet Book Sew-Along by Sherri at Thread Riding Hood.  This week was Month One: the House Page, and I dove right in!

For the first couple of posts, Sherri provided us with shopping lists.  A favourite activity!  Yay!



Shopping: Week #1
Here's what I ended up with after Week #1 shopping was complete:


Cow Print from Old MacDonald by Nortcott
I love the cow print!  I wasn't sure what color of binding I was going to use, though.  Instead of using pre-made bias tape, I decided that I wanted to use a rainbow striped fabric.  There is a stripey fabric in the same Northcott line, but my local quilt shop did not have any in stock, so I had to go searching elsewhere.  Here is what I found:
Quick Cuts from Fabricland

The large zig-zag is Chevron by Riley Blake, as per the selvage, but neither of the the smaller zig-zag cuts had a selvage, so I am not sure what it is.  I guess it could be Riley Blake, as well.


I'm not quite convinced that this is the fabric that I will use for the binding; I'll keep you updated.


More to come,



No comments:

Post a Comment